7.08.2005

Gov. Perry pitches in

Texas Gov. Rick Perry has expanded the mandate for the current special session to include private property rights.

"The Supreme Court's ruling would allow government to condemn your family's home, bulldoze it and build a new shopping mall or some other kind of economic development project simply to generate more tax revenue. I stand with an overwhelming majority of lawmakers and citizens who believe that this starts us down a slippery slope that will lead to the erosion of Texans' rights."

I can't help but feel optimistic when so many legislators are pushing for limitations on the use of the Kelo decision. I will -- of course -- hold my enthusiasm for the time when a constitutional amendment actually passes.

But, I remain optimistic. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home